Thursday, February 23, 2012

Honey Soup and other thoughts

Oh my dear husband is so silly. I love him so much! Last night we were both really tired when we got home, so we weren't quite sure what to do for dinner, but wanted something simple.

So, we've got this cheesy broccoli soup that you just add water to, but we were running low on the mix, and Michael wanted to make sure we had enough for one more night of it (after last night), so he didn't put as much in it as we're supposed to, but he added corn starch and HONEY. Yum?

Uh, honey makes everything yummier, right? Cheese, Broccoli, and Honey. Yuck.
But, it wasn't TOO bad, just had a weird honey after taste. I love Michael so much, he's so cute, and he likes to add things into stuff anyway, this one just didn't work out quite as well as most of them.

It was funny though. We both ate the soup, but it wasn't quite as good as the last time he made it (with chicken). But, I'm still open to trying the new things Michael tries to put in different soups.

Anyway, today has been kind of a long day, but it could have been worse, MUCH worse.
I just haven't been feeling too well. A bit nauseous again, which is frustrating, but not the end of the world. I just can't wait to go home and sleep. Haha

Although, Michael and I should probably clean up our room a bit tonight before we go to bed, and Michael is probably going to finish hanging a cabinet in our Kitchen.

Speaking of our kitchen, we bought a dish washer! For 15 dollars (a while ago, I just forgot to post about it). But, it's been super nice not to have to wash dishes by hand! And then, last Saturday we went shopping at Ikea and we bought a shelving unit for our kitchen too, so now we actually have a place to put our clean dishes! (The cabinets that are in our kitchen don't fit our plates in them if we want to close the doors... so they have become our pantry). Yes, our kitchen is TINY... in case you couldn't tell by the size of the cabinets that came in it. But, we've moved a bunch of stuff around so we have a bit more space, and so it doesn't feel QUITE as claustrophobic. Although, I still hate our kitchen. I miss having a kitchen that actually has counters and space for both Michael and I to be in it...

But, such is life. Soon, we will be out of that apartment anyway. I just hope we can find a sweet deal on Rent again...
It's so sad to leave because rent is SO SO SO! Cheap, and we could really use the money that we don't have to spend on rent, but such is life I suppose. Who knows how we'll survive with a little baby! Things will work out in the end, right?

At least I know God's looking out for us and I'm sure he'll help us find some awesome place to live! :)

3 comments:

  1. Ummmm...your rent may be cheap, but is it worth mice?! I hope you can find something better for a good price :) I really think you will be ok. Babies are kind of expensive, but I think kids get more expensive as they get older - like teenagers. I wish you lived closer because if you had a boy, I would have TONS of free clothes for you! Then you would basically just have to worry about wipes and diapers! Most of the other stuff is just "extra" in my opinion. I can't wait to hear what you are having!

    And HONEY, broccoli, and cheese soup sounds...interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We even have a crib and changing table totally unused in our storage right now! Too bad it is in Texas! Is someone throwing you a baby shower?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok I'm taking over your blog. I guess if you breastfeed little babies are less expensive - formula is expensive! But there are a lot of things you don't need. I had a friend whose son just slept in a pack'n play for the first 2 years of his life. He never had a proper crib and he is a totally well adjusted normal boy haha

    ReplyDelete