Monday, February 6, 2012

Hello Again My Old Friend

Well, today has been... LONG. Morning sickness is back (or, I guess I could just be sick...). I KNEW it was just too good to be true for it to be gone. It's so depressing because I felt SO GOOD for about a week (aside from exhaustion). I just hope it'll get better again. I woke up SUPER early this morning because my stomach was going to explode. Awesome.
It's gotten a LITTLE bit better as the day has gone on, but not much at all. I've been able to eat some noodles, and some toast, but that's all I've really been able to eat. =(

I at least was able to get in a little bit of a nap this morning because Michael decided not to go into work until 11, so that was super wonderful. Although, it was kind of hard to fall asleep with my stomach so angry at me.

Samuel is still asleep, so that's pretty nice too. I've got some quiet time to rest. I just can't wait for this to end! (I REALLY hope I'm not one of those ladies that has morning sickness throughout pregnancy). I just want ONE month without it. Is that really so much to ask?

Sunday's are hard for me. (especially fast sunday!) Because now that we are in the Primary, I can't really snack the second or third hour (and I try not to during sacrament meeting).
Yesterday was ESPECIALLY hard because I didn't want to snack when everyone was fasting! And I can't snack in front of the kiddies! So, it was difficult. I felt so guilty trying to sneak some gold fish when I could, or going out to get a drink from the water fountain. My ward doesn't know I'm pregnant yet (at least, we haven't announced it or anything, and I do a pretty good-ish job of hiding it...and now we're in the Primary, so I'm not surrounded by women looking at me every week.. haha). So, no one has asked me about it or anything.. yet. Although, I'm sure there are a few women who have suspicions. Anyway, so that just makes it even harder for me to snack... cause I feel pathetic I guess. And so, that's one of the reasons I felt SO GUILTY yesterday. I felt like everyone was watching me... heh. Anyway, some Sundays will definitely be easier than others, because the CTR 4s don't really have a consistent turn out. So, when there are only two kids, it'll be a LOT easier than the weeks all six magically show up. There is one child though, that NEEDS to be on someone's lap, or there is NO WAY we will ever be able to teach a lesson. There is a window in our room, but it's got a ledge that is low enough for the kids to climb onto, and big enough for them to sit onto, so naturally, they all want to climb up there and sit. wonderful. The thought has crossed my mind about asking if there was another room we could be in, but I'm not sure it's worth asking about yet. Maybe next week I will put my chair directly in front of the window (as close to it as I can get), and that will help the problem?

Anyway, hopefully today gets better. or our FHE tonight will be me going to bed at 5:30 again...

Sometimes I feel really bad for Michael, because I WANT to spend time with him, and be happy for him, but by the time our days are over, I'm just so exhausted and so grumpy that I just want to lay down and go to bed, or watch a movie or something. I'm pretty sure Michael is ABSOLUTELY DONE watching chick flicks with me... That's basically all we do anymore. TOTALLY my fault though. And I've noticed, almost EVERY SINGLE MOVIE makes me cry. How pathetic. KUNG FU PANDA TWO MAKES ME CRY. When that's the case, you know you've got a serious imbalance of chemicals in your body. UGH

So, I DEFINITELY felt the baby kick the other day! Woo! I've been able to feel it for a WHILE now (just because it's SO CLOSE to the surface), but that was only while laying down really still with my hand on my stomach, but this time, it was MUCH stronger, and I was WALKING around. It was the weirdest sensation! But, Michael was able to feel it a bit too the other day (not while I was laying down as still as I possibly can). So, that's pretty exciting. Haven't been able to feel it tooo much since, but soon! (This week the bones are supposed to be getting harder rather than just cartilage, so I'm pretty sure we'll start to feel more)

Anyway, I still haven't gotten too much bigger (at all). I'm still stuck in that "fat" stage. YUCK. So, of course, to hide it, I wear sweaters (cause then I look almost normal still!)

Michael and I went to Ikea on Saturday. It was my first time ever in an Ikea store. I found it a little annoying that you had to walk through the entire store... I'm not a huge fan of the way it's set up, but it has some set-ups in it. Oh, how I would LOVE to have a kitchen like one of the ones shown there... if only they weren't 10,000 dollars... and we had a place we weren't renting... haha.

Anyway, we saw some cribs there that we MIGHT look into more seriously. They were less expensive, but they also weren't as sturdy. Why are cribs SO expensive? Yuck! Although, Michael and I found a sweet deal on a travel system, so we'll probably buy one of those sometime soon. We'd like to get one at least 2 months before the baby comes, so that we'll be able to see how difficult it will be to get a car seat in and out of the car we have (TINY Hyundai 2-door). So we can decide if we need to look around for a 4-door car or not. If we have to, we'd REALLY like to get a small car still with good gas mileage (preferably a manual transmission one... but who knows?). We LOVE our car, and REALLY don't want to have to replace it, but car seats are BIG! And, trying to get one in and out of a car with a sleeping baby in it? We'll see I guess. And in the long run, we'll do what we have to do, I just hope that doesn't mean we have to wake our child up every time we try to get it in and out of the car...

Anyway, gotta LOVE planning for a baby!
Oh, we'll also be apartment shopping come March. YAY! Hopefully we'll be able to find something about the same price... about the same size, just two bedrooms. (We've got a HUGE dinning room where we are now...like bigger than the master bedroom) We'd like to find something about the same size, just set up differently, so there's a bigger kitchen, no dinning room, two bedrooms, a bathroom, and a little bit of a living room. Michael would LOVE to just re-design the place we are at now, but he doesn't have the time, and we don't have the money. Our contract allows us to change the apartment however we like as long as we have permission first. and Our landlord will pay for the materials as long as we pay for labor. Honestly, if we did everything Michael would want to do, our landlord would basically be paying us to live there... I'm not sure how they'd feel about it. Heh. If we had a place to stay from April-June Michael and his dad honestly COULD do all of the work... and they'd like doing it, but there's NO WAY that our landlord would be okay with it. Although, honestly, they could get a TON more money for it if they turned it into a two bedroom instead. (right now it's SUPER cheap for a one bedroom because it's old and a bit run-down) So, if it was newly renovated, and a two bedroom... they could get at LEAST 300 more a month from it.

Anyway, enough of that. Time for me to go. I've got to get Joseph from school soon, and before that, I should snack on some crackers so I hopefully don't get too sick walking there and back.

What do you think Michael and I are having? A baby boy or girl?

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you aren't feeling well! For me, pregnancy is pretty much nine months of misery (and 9 months of really bad PMS - lovely) all around and when it is over I don't even know what happened because it's like my life didn't happen during that time. Good times. But it is worth it in the end (once you adjust :)! Luckily I don't get too bad of morning sickness, just other things. Women definitely go through a lot to bring these precious babies into the world!

    It's a shame our crib is in storage in Texas because I don't know if we'll be using it again ever. Sigh. Have you tried looking on KSL or craigslist for a used crib? We got ours used and I felt like it was a good deal.

    I'm still not sure about girl or boy. I need to "have a think" as they'd say here :) Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete