Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Crib and Other Thoughts

Well, last night Michael and I went to Burlington to buy a travel system...
We didn't get one.

BECAUSE both a travel system and a crib wouldn't fit in our car... and we found a sweet deal on a crib! So, we ended up buying a crib, and will be going back tonight for the travel system.

It was the last crib in stock because it was on sale for only 99 dollars! I've been looking on KSL for about 4 months now waiting for something for a crib to come up, but most of the people are still trying to get at LEAST 150 for their cribs, and the ones that are posted for 30 dollars are the ones that you're technically not allowed to sell on KSL because they have been recalled (the drop down side ones). SOOOOO... Michael and I had NO INTENTION what so ever to get a crib anytime soon... we were going to wait until we HAD to get one... (so after the baby was getting too big for the bassinet), but we couldn't pass up this deal. Especially since it's a cute crib! and it converts into a toddler bed and a full bed... which is kind of nice.

Anyway, it was the absolute last one in stock... so we decided we'd get it because we knew we wouldn't find a better deal - especially not for a new crib.

So we bought a crib.
And the box is sitting in our living room.
Oh, and... the crib box didn't even fit in our car... that was fun. haha
Some nice man in the parking lot helped us get it home though... rather than us having to take it out of the box in order to get it to fit. Thank you nice man!

Being in Utah is so nice sometimes - there is NO WAY that would have happened other places. Especially since he was only in town for a business trip! He was about 2 minutes from his hotel, but drove 15 minutes (one direction) out of his way to help us! I just wish there was some way we could repay him.

Anyway, that's the fun exciting news. Yesterday, we got a camera and a crib for only 213 dollars! Both of them brand new and pretty high quality! We got super lucky with the Burlington sale though because it hasn't really been advertised, we just happened to show up at the right time. Yay! And the camera was quite the steal too. It's so exciting to find sweet deals!

Now, I'm even MORE excited to move this weekend! We'll have a crib to put in the baby's room! WOAH! CRAZY!

I'm excited to be a mom - on most days anyway. I'm just super nervous about it too I suppose.

Oh, that reminds me. Today we had a doctor's appointment, and everything looks good. Yay!
So, baby Emmalynn is VERY strong. The doctor was surprised at how strong she is! Haha... I KNEW IT WASN'T JUST MY IMAGINATION!
We were going to listen to her heartbeat, but instead we heard her punch/kick the doppler MANY times. He found the heartbeat, but about every 2 or 3 seconds it was interrupted by a super loud BAM because she was trying to hit it away. The doctor just said, "wow, she active! and very strong!" Funny part is... she wasn't even kicking that hard compared to usual! But, she was kicking hard enough for the doctor to see my stomach move, and for her to push his hand and the doppler away so he had to find the heart beat again. It was quite funny actually...

I really liked the doctor I saw this time, he was really nice and fun. AND he gave me candy! haha. Cute old man. :)

And as a random thought, I have decided I ABSOLUTELY HATE BRA SHOPPING NOW! YIKES!
My size... does not exist in stores... except for Nordstrom and Victoria's secret... but they don't have nursing bras. So, ordering online, I will be.
yuck. I mean, before getting pregnant, my bra size was hard enough to find, but now (now that it's gone up 2 cup sizes and not changed as far as band size goes), it is literally impossible unless I order it specially. Now, it's time to find a nursing bra that has enough support and that is comfortable. (because at this point I only have two bras that I can wear, but they still don't fit properly) I went bra shopping in January, but have continued to grow even after month four... yay. I think I am FINALLY done. ...maybe.

Any suggestions as to where to get a good nursing bra?

1 comment:

  1. You go up another size after your milk comes in normally, fyi. I really like the B888(?) Breastform nursing bra that walmart sells.. I tried a couple of different ones, but it is by far the best one I found without paying ridiculous amounts. The walmart here in Bountiful actually sells them in the store, sometimes.

    ReplyDelete