Monday, March 5, 2012

Bug and In-Laws

Well, last week we had the opportunity to watch a sweet 6 year old dog named Bug.
She was a rat terrier, so she was just a little thing! She was so good! Ah, it's so different having a dog compared to a puppy!

She was so cute, and so loyal! Even though she didn't really know us! She stayed up half of the night guarding us, until we moved her into another room. She would just sit and growl a tiny bit when she heard a next door neighbor's door shut, or heard something outside. Every 30-45 minutes or so she would get up and walk around and check things out. It was so cute! But, a little bit crazy to see at the same time. It took Michael and I a little while before we realized what she was doing. She was such a tiny dog, but SO protective! CRAZY!


Then, this past weekend we had Michael's parents come visit. They came down for Uncle Denis's hearing and so they spend Friday evening with us, and most of Saturday. Friday we just played some games and spent some time together. Then, on Saturday we got went shopping (food shopping) and ate lunch together, and played some more games. And at one point, Michael and his dad went to Sam's club and Michael's parents bought us four new chairs for our table!

However, since Michael and his dad left, that left me ALONE with my mother-in-law. SCARY experience. Haha. Don't get me wrong, she is super nice, I'm just still not very comfortable around her. She and I are so different (even though Michael thinks we're similar in a lot of ways), and she's super shy... so it was really hard to keep a conversation going. What do you talk about with your Mother-in-Law? I DON'T KNOW! haha

Anyway, it actually ended up being a really good experience. It gave her the opportunity to get to know me a little better, and I her. It was still scary, and she still intimidates me a bit, but it was good to spend some time with her alone. We ended up playing Quiddler most of the time because they took FOREVER at the store! Haha, but it was worth it, because we got new chairs, and milkshakes :)



Anyway, here are some pictures of Bug! :)



4 comments:

  1. LOL about being scared/intimidated of your mother-in-law! I doubt you remember, but before Jeff and I were married, I flew in from Utah for Adam & Merde's wedding and stayed at your house without Jeff. And then Jeff flew in from Texas, but his flight was into Baltimore, so I was alone with the "not-yet-in-laws" both on the way in and the way out - including over night!! It can be intimidating, but it's nice to have nice in-laws :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to laugh about your "scary" experience alone with your MIL! It will get better and less "weird" as the years go by :) I doubt you remember or thought much of it at the time, but before Jeff and I were even married, I once stayed with your family WITHOUT Jeff!!! That was a little weird. It was for Adam & Merde's wedding. I flew in to NJ and Jeff flew into Baltimore (he was already in TX at the time). So I was alone with in-laws overnight before and after the wedding. I guess you weren't even my in-laws yet because we weren't married! Crazy times! Now it would be no big deal :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops - sorry it went twice. I thought it messed up the first time! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm sure things will get better as time goes by, I just wasn't sure I wanted to have to face that situation JUST yet. haha
      But, his parents are both really nice, just very different. Michael is VERY much like his dad though (his dad cracks me up... and has the same silly smile when he knows he said something that could get him into trouble). But, his mom is super shy, so it's harder for me to be around her alone. It's just hard NOT to have an awkwardly quiet conversation. But, I'm sure it'll get better. and it'll be easier when there is a cute baby in the room with us to distract! haha

      Delete