Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Upper Back Pains and Heart Burn/Acid Reflux

I went from feeling pretty good (just super tired) to feeling SUPER achey the last few days.

At first, it was just a little bit of heart burn, and it was O.K.... sort of. I mean, it was super annoying, and a bit painful, but nothing I couldn't handle.

Then, it got worse. Whenever I would lay down I would feel the stomach acid creep up into my throat, until eventually I could taste it (talk about nasty). So, I would sit up in hopes of it getting better, which at first worked, but the past two days, NOTHING has helped.

It's gotten to the point where I can taste and feel stomach acid almost all day in my throat/mouth. I've tried Tums, but they do NOTHING for me.

Now, to top it all off, I've got the WORST back pain I've ever had in my life. But, it's not my lower back (isn't that typical during pregnancy?), it's my upper back close to my spine. It hurts to breathe, SO BAD. What am I supposed to do? My next doctor's appointment isn't until the 28th. It seems SO FAR away.

Of course, something like this WOULD happen RIGHT after my doctor's appointment so the next one is almost a month away.

Also, my chest has started to hurt when I breathe. It feels super tight like I'm wearing a corset (but higher up by my upper ribs) and taking deep breaths is all that will SORT OF help.
Any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. If you are really worried, you could always call your doctor's office!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I know, but I don't wanna be a paranoid pregnant lady! lol
    But, if it doesn't start to get better, I'm going to have to call, because I'm basically completely helpless sometimes. The ONLY thing that helps is laying on my side with my legs scissored and my arms raised. It doesn't make any sense! But, that how I had to sleep last night... not super comfortable.

    ReplyDelete