Monday, March 12, 2012

Beautiful Weather!

It has been absolutely beautiful all weekend and I am soooo pleased that the nice weather has continued into the week! Yesterday, Michael and I went on TWO walks. (One was super short, but the other one was a longer one). The weather was just too nice to pass up! And besides, what else is there to do on a Sunday after church with a puppy? I guess we could stay inside, but that just is an unbearable thought when the weather is 60-64 and SUNNY!

Anyway, so we've been watching a 7 week old puppy for a week now, and he is just SO adorable. It's actually pretty sad... his litter was being sold for 800 dollars a dog, and he didn't get sold. As a puppy, you aren't supposed to be separated from your littler and mother until at LEAST 8-9 weeks (8 weeks if it's a smarter breed). And so, his whole litter was gone at 6 weeks, and he was taken to a shelter! YIKES! talk about rough! So, the shelter we've been fostering for asked us if we would just spend time with him and love him and let him be a puppy and try to nurse him back to health a little bit for a week until he was old enough to put up for adoption. He's still only about 2 pounds, but he's gotten bigger a little bit, and isn't QUITE as clumsy (he's still got the puppy awkwardness though).

Anyway, it's bad, because I'm totally in love with him! He's the cutest tiniest little thing! And now, we've got him trained up pretty good (he's sleeping through the night! at only 8 weeks!), so he's even more fun! Anyway, I'll have to post some pictures of him later :)

AND I've been feeling a bit better the past two days (I cut dairy out of my diet because Michael realized it was always worse heart burn/acid reflux after I had dairy). So, I guess it looks like it's back to almond milk and soy milk for me. =\
If there was one thing I was liking about being pregnant, it was being able to have cow milk again! But, I guess my lactose intolerantness has decided to come back, but in a different way. :sigh:

I'll just have to figure out how to adjust my diet a bit more so I still get enough calcium and other yummy stuff that I got from milk! yay.

Anyway, that's about it. I'm just glad to finally be feeling a little bit better and I'm super glad the weather is starting to get nice! Happy days!

Oh, and Michael and I are shopping around for apartments... talk about NOT fun after the first two days... haha. But, it has to be done. We're going to look at a few this evening that look pretty promising (one is a 2 bedroom for 600 + electricity, so we're hopefully we'll be able to find something not tooo pricey! btw... 600 for an apartment is a sweet deal in provo these days).

Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment