Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Soup From Michael

That was some good soup!

Amy may have posted about the chicken noodle soup that I made a few days ago. I really liked it. I guess I just have a knack for some spices and flavourings. And yes I just spelled that correctly for a Canadian. We woke up this morning to a house that could see your breath. I mean that in our house you can breath and see your own breath. It is soooo cold. I was going to wait until Amy woke up to call about the heating but much to my surprise the heating called us! Apparently our landlord was so on top of things that she called the company herself to get them to check it out for us. I really appreciated a small thing like that. Unfortunately it seems that other people have heating problems too because they have a full day today and can't make it until first thing tomorrow. It seems that twenty four hours cannot go fast enough!

I guess for me I am looking for dismal grades this semester. It isn't the end of the world but I have my work cut out for me. I am enjoying working in the lab though. We will be starting my research project this week and running some tests before we are out for the holidays. I'll be doing some western blots (a way to check for proteins) some southern blots (a test for RNA) and some lipid analysis. We should get a good picture of whether or not our hypothesis will yield any results.

Amy is doing pretty well this morning. She was able to eat just less than half of the soup that I served for myself (to share of course). I am always so impressed by the way that she continues to go forward even though it is so hard for her. I just do my best to make it easy on her. Not much works. ;). I just love her so.

We spent the last few moments awake last night reminiscing about how terrible a job was that we both did during the summer. It made alot of other terrible jobs seem so much better. My suggestion is to never work for a boss that will never allow you to speak up about what is really going on but will still blame you and not trust you because of other peoples' mistakes. Instead work for Ben. He will work with you and listen to you and even compliment you.

The weight of being a dad is still settling in and I expect that feeling to continue until I have been one for at least eighteen years. I look forward to it so much however. I guess that is one of the things that helps me wake up in the morning. And soon it will help me wake up every morning. Several times. And at night. Good thing I have tested living on not much sleep before! I will have to do it again before long.

I guess that is todays post. Unless Amy posts again. We love you all!!

1 comment:

  1. It's been so great to hear what is going on with you two! :) Especially since I won't actually meet Michael until your baby is a teenager at this rate!

    ReplyDelete