Sunday, December 4, 2011

Our Lives Today...

So, this post will be really boring to read... it's literally just a boring update on our lives.

It is freezing!
Our heater stopped working the other day, so we called our landlord, and she gave us the number of the company that installed it... and so we called them, and they came and "fixed" our heater. (Basically told us when it stops working, to push a button.)

Well, we've been pushing that button every 15 minutes or so in order to keep the heat on... except, at night, we don't wake up every 15 minutes... SO WE FREEZE. We have taken EVERY blanket we own (which is actually a surprising amount) out of storage and we've got about 15 heavy blankets we sleep in.
But, it's still cold during the day... because it takes a lot to get out of the covers to go turn on the heater, so sometimes, we just sit around covered in the blankets instead... it's cold. Michael and I both have bad colds and tummy aches :(
Long story short, our heater is still broken. =/
At least we didn't pay for the repairs, and our gas bill will be SUPER DUPER low this month! Yay!
Michael is calling our landlord again tomorrow.


So, the morning sickness part of pregnancy, is absolutely dreadful. It's been about 4 weeks now that I haven't been able to do much other than lay in bed or on the couch watching movies or doing things that do not require much effort. Although, it does seem like I am getting a bit better. Things are starting to look up. I've actually been able to do a little bit more the last few days. I've been able to stand up long enough to take a decent shower without getting too terribly dizzy! Although, I've been liking my bubble baths recently anyway :).

I have tried so many different medications to help me feel better, but each kind has given me ALL of the side effects listed on the bottle. It's been absolutely dreadful, but I suppose it could be worse. Michael has a brother who is a practicing doctor and one who is a pharmacist, so when things are too terribly unbearable, Michael gives them a call/shoots them a text for any suggestions. So, I've tried almost everything pregnant ladies are allowed to try... NOTHING works. I've taken, Benadryl, Dramamine, Zofran, a combination of a sleeping pill and Vitamin B6 (it's the drug they use in Canada for morning sickness), and all of them have been terrible. Benadryl didn't work, Dramamine worked except it made me super moody and grouchy, Zofran gives me migraines, constipation, extreme dizziness, and sleepiness, and then the sleeping pill Vit. B6 combination makes me sleepy for much, much longer than 8 hours. I can't get out of bed until it's been at least 12 hours since I've taken it because my body hurts when I move because of how tired it feels. But, that is the best one that I've taken thus far (even though I have to take it at night, so during the day I don't feel quite as good as I'd like).

I can't wait until my doctors appointment on the 16th of December, when I get to actually meet and talk to MY doctor - one that will be able to see me, instead of doctors that live either in Canada or across the U.S.. I mean, I guess I've seen a doctor a few times here, but not an OB/GYN yet. Also, on the 16th, we should be able to find out whether or not we're having twins, its an eptopic pregnancy, or just a normal pregnancy that has been terrible. If it's an eptopic pregnancy, that might complicate things with getting home for Christmas, so our fingers are crossed! I guess most of you don't know that we're worried about it being an eptopic pregnancy, so let me explain...
About two weeks after we found out we were going to have a baby, I started bleeding pretty heavily... which usually means a miscarriage. So we went right to the Health Center to have it checked out. At that point, I was only 4 weeks pregnant, so they couldn't do much for me. They had me get a blood test to see how much HGC was in my blood (to figure out how far along I actually was...) and so that three days later they could do another test so that we could compare the amounts of HGC (that was really the only way to see if it was a miscarriage or not). So, the lab results came in and they dated me about 4 and a half weeks pregnant based on the HGC levels and scheduled more blood work for the upcoming Monday. They told us to go straight to the lab and they'll already have the order in for us. So, that was actually pretty quick. We waited for what seemed like FOREVER on Monday to get the results, but after an hour, they finally came in. We were definitely still pregnant. My HGC levels had more than doubled in three days... so there was no question about it. I was definitely very pregnant.

However, the doctor warned me that if I started to have cramping, and continued to bleed, it could be an eptopic pregnancy - especially if the cramping was on one side of my tummy. Well, surprise surprise, a few days later I started cramping up VERY badly on my left side. However, it only lasted for about an hour, so we don't know exactly what to expect. But, since then I've had some other cramping too, just more spread out everywhere. Although, about once every week or so I get extremely terrible cramping on my left side again. It could just be my Uterus expanding, but it could also be something more than that. We don't know, but we're hoping it's nothing too extreme.

Michael and I both feel like we're going to have twins. But who knows? We also feel like if we don't have twins, we're going to have a girl.

Okay, question - the other day I could feel a fluttery movement in my stomach (it's actually happened a few times...) and today I had Michael try to feel it, and he could. Is that the baby moving? or it's heart beat? Or what? I did some research online, and some people say that you CAN feel the baby moving (and it feels like a fluttering) at about 8 weeks sometimes, if you try really hard. But, the fluttering was right where I'm thinking the baby is. I don't know, maybe I'm just crazy?

Anyway, we're excited, but a bit nervous as well. We're not quite sure what to expect, or how exactly things are going to work out, but we know they will somehow work out. We are really banking on God's help for this one, because we don't know how it will work without it. Especially if we have twins. Can you imagine? Oh well, we'll see how it goes!


So today, for Lunch/dinner Michael made some really yummy homemade chicken noodle soup. He added some veggies we had laying around and some other things, but it turned out really good. As he was testing the soup he said,
Michael: "Amy, guess what I just did?"
ME: "What?"
Michael: "I took a pea in our soup"

Yep, that's my darling husband for ya! He's such a silly goose! Love him to death. He always makes me smile, even when I feel so sick I'd rather just die.


Anyway, We'll be flying home to New Jersey in just a two weeks! I am very very excited to show Michael where I grew up. And he's pretty excited as well. We'll probably go in to NYC sometime to see the lights and show Michael around. He's never been to NYC or the Statue of Liberty or anything like that. We'll probably just go to Time's Square, Temple Square, and some other places that I actually spent time in when I went.

Alright, well, I just got a phone call from our friends and they'd like to have us over for dinner tonight (they heard our heater was broken...) and so I should probably start making some brownies or something for dessert. I'm also headed over to Jennifer Waite's house soon to look through some clothes for my mom from Aunt Janet. So it's a busy Sunday! Which is very rare. Anyway, I've spent over an hour on this... so I really should get off.

There ya go family! A blog post for ya to read! I'm going to start to try to blog more, now that I actually have something to blog about!

Love you all!

Amy (and Michael)

1 comment:

  1. Making it public eh?! Woot woot! I am curious to hear about your appointment on the 16th. I hadn't heard about your bleeding and cramping. Hope all is well and glad you are feeling even just a bit better.

    Oh, and I think you ARE a bit crazy about feeling the baby move! haha Ok, maybe not completely crazy, but I don't think Michael for sure would be able to feel it that early because the baby is too deep in the womb. But who knows, maybe that baby has killer legs! :)

    Love you Amy!

    ReplyDelete