Thursday, June 14, 2012

Doctors and Dentists

Well, yesterday was my 36 week appointment with the doctor and they are worried about Preeclampsia. My blood pressure has been sneaking up (it's still within the normal/healthy bp range, but it's about as high as it can get and stay in that range... which for me, is HIGH). And there has been some protein in my urine the past two visits (which has also been increasing slightly). So, if my blood pressure is higher again next time, they're going to put me on bed rest. Woo... haha. And they also told me some other things to watch for. Oh, and my weight has been jumping up a bit more than it should too (and I've been eating even healthier the past month!). Anyway, so they are concerned.

I've been having contractions all day today. About 30-45 minutes apart, and some of them have started to hurt a bit. Hmm... we'll see what happens! It's still a bit too early to have her! I just want her to stay where she is for at least another week!


So today, I went to the dentists. Well, a dental clinic. BYU doesn't do dental insurance, but it has been almost 2 years since I've seen a dentist! So, I have a friend in school studying to be a dental hygienist... who needed people to practice doing cleanings on. So, I got a cleaning done by my old roommate Kayla. It was actually pretty fun to know who was cleaning your teeth. And, even after 2 years of not going, I didn't have any cavities and still not much plaque build up. Kayla's instructor was pretty impressed and was kind of sad because it made Kayla's job easier - haha.

Anyway, things are pretty good. I'm exhausted and don't do too much during the day as it is. What would I even do differently if I was put on bed rest!? haha, I suppose there are some things I'd have to stop doing. But honestly, at this point I'm basically acting like I'm on bed rest already...

Oh, and my Iron is still lower than it should be, so I'm sure that adds to the exhaustion. yay.

Anyway, Emmalynn is coming SO SOON! My due date is a month from today! :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, I am sorry to hear about the worries with preeclampsia and possibly pre term labor. Hang in there Amy...or should I say, "Hang in there Emmalynn!" It's nice to hear how things are going - I've been wondering!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I CANNOT believe you are almost there! You are going to be a mom!!!! :O :O :O

    ReplyDelete