Thursday, May 24, 2012

Insomnia

I am SO sick of this.

Last night, I only got 3.5 hours of sleep because I was up vomiting all night. (Lovely, right?)
Then, I slept about 3 more hours during the day. Before last night, I had a hard time sleeping, but now... this is beyond ridiculous.

Tonight, I had a hard time falling asleep because I was SO itchy on my legs. So, I got up and took a nice long bath (until like midnight...). And then, was able to sleep. But only for 3 hours (almost exactly 3 hours). I've been up since. I've tried all the 'tricks' and things I've read to do to help me go back to sleep. This is ridiculous. I've even thought about taking another bath because I've read that it's good to do - even in the middle of the night. But, I already take like 2 a day and my skin is going to completely dry out!

I am SO tired. But, I just cannot sleep! I'm not even up thinking about things, I just can't get comfortable... or I just can't sleep even when I AM comfortable. This is seriously the MOST frustrating thing in the world. I would be productive and do things, but all there's really left to do in our apartment is set up/unpack the baby stuff... which will mostly be in our room, and I don't want to wake up Michael.

I mean, there are the dishes, but dishes are pretty noisy at night too. Talk about frustrating.

Speaking of Michael, I feel SO bad for him! I can't even tell you how many times I wake him up at night... even on "good" nights. I need to just start sleeping on the couch or something. He's been kind of sick the past week or so and I know it's because he's not getting enough sleep and then he's going to work. I just don't know what to do and I am so exhausted. Should I try to not nap at all during the day? I don't even know. ugh. I wish I could sleep.

The only thing I haven't really tried that the internet suggests is watching TV. Now, I'm about to try even that. I'm planning on watching an episode of Grey's Anatomy and then going back to try to sleep. meh. This is terrible.

1 comment: