Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Landlords

Well, our new landlords are AMAZING. Both of them are just really nice, sweet, honest people. It's great. They remind us of our landlord at the place that had the mice (we absolutely LOVED her). They have been really on top of maintenance and taking care of us (the last people that lived here told them about some maintenance issues right as they were leaving), and it's been great. Also, they said we can paint the walls if we want! Which is pretty awesome, but we'll see if that actually happens. Anyway, we are all moved in (not unpacked) at our new apartment. It's been so nice to be here instead of at a place we feel like WE are intruding on someone else/we aren't safe. Things are so much happier here inside and out. It's been so nice, and it's only been two days! There is a night and day difference between this place and the one I just posted pictures of. Also, we get to have a garden! We're excited. Things have been CRAZY this week (with moving and all), but Saturday if we've got the energy/time Michael and I plan on working a bit outside on our yard (which is a DISASTER currently... no grass, just weeds). I'll have to take before and after pictures for sure. Oh, and fun news! I'm refinishing a (soon to be nice) kitchen table we got for super cheap (like 10 dollars). It was super scratched up and colored on because we got it from people with kids, but I've started sanding a bit and it's got a REALLY beautiful grain of wood underneath all of the scratches/crayon. So yeah, I'll hopefully be doing that this Saturday while Michael helps out with a Elder's Quorum service project thing. He's also helping someone move into the new ward tonight. (Lots of people are moving in this week). Our new ward is, interesting. It's not anything like the one we just came from (which we absolutely LOVED), but it's not bad either. It's more of a married ward with a junior primary than a family ward. It's about 550 (active) members (so it's HUGE), but the Bishop seems nice. It's definitely one of those Provo wards that you could get 'lost' in. If you didn't show up, no one would really notice (unless you have friends). But, Michael has been really active in the Elder's Quorum (even though the first time we went to church was this past Sunday) because our Elder's Quorum (oh yeah, there are two Elder's Quorums...) President is one of Michael's favorite Mission companions! He and his wife just had a baby too, so that's pretty cool. We've hung out with them a bit, but now Michael has an excuse to go hang out with him all of the time. haha. So, it's pretty cool that they are in our ward. It's definitely nice, because it means we won't just disappear into just another couple in our massive ward. Also, our new Landlord's are super active in the ward, which will help me. She's the Compassionate Service leader, and is REALLY on top of everything that goes on (babies, people in need, people moving in, etc). So, that's pretty exciting for me! I'll have to let her know I'm willing to make dinners for people and what-not now that I'll be home all day. Also, the more I do now, the more friends I make, the more help I get later? Maybe? Haha, I don't know. I'll probably make some meals for Michael and I before the baby comes anyway and freeze them so that we'll have some stuff to eat without much preparation come baby time. I mean, Michael would cook, and my mom will probably be here, but it'd just be really simple and nice to have something we can just heat up. Anyway, I'll have to take pictures of our new, new place once the maintenance is done, and we're a LITTLE bit more unpacked than we are currently. Although, I did get quite a bit done yesterday! But today, I've been way to worn out, and I've been waiting for the plumbers to show up so I haven't wanted to start anything big. They said they'd be here between 9 and 10, but didn't show up until 12:07. Needless to say, I was a little frustrated by that since it's the bathroom that needs to be worked on and I couldn't shower/wash up. So I've been a sitting duck all morning just waiting, not knowing when they'd show up, not wanting to start unpacking much because I'd just have to get out of their way when they came. :sigh: Oh well. I'm ready for a nap, but now they are here, so obviously, that's out of the question. Michael loves his new job by the way! And I like it too, because it's easy enough for him (manual labour, but pretty mindless) and I can go eat lunch with him every day if I want. His employer is SUPER nice and flexible, which is pretty sweet too. She's fun.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you are liking your new place! Yay! :) Can't wait for pictures of all of these things you are describing! Are you not watching Joseph and Samuel anymore? You said you were home during the day now?

    ReplyDelete