Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Life and Choices

So, recently, I've been feeling even less energetic. Wonderful. But, I've at least tried to get SOME things done every day! Haha I wake up with Michael and drive him to work, then come home and take a nap until my alarm goes off telling me it's time to make lunch and take it to Michael. Today I made french toast (Michael wanted it) and surprised him with some brownies as well. (I wanted them...). His new job is pretty nice because I can go eat with him on his lunch break. His supervisor is very cool and flexible. For example, Michael's I-9 expired (whoops) last week and BYU didn't notify him. So, he showed up to work, tried to clock in, but wasn't able to because he wasn't allowed to work. (awesome, eh? Being married to a foreign person is GREAT sometimes. haha) So, he went to his supervisor and told her the system wasn't letting him clock in and she made some phone calls and figured out that he needed to renew his I-9. So, she gave him permission to go get his social security card, I-20 and a few other things he needed, and then go to campus to try to renew his I-9 while on the clock! So, that was pretty nice of her. But, he couldn't find his I-20, so he had to first request that from the International Student Office, but that would take a whole day to get, so he called his supervisor and told her what was going on, and she still let him stay on the clock for the rest of that day. So, rather than missing two days of work, he only had to miss one! Yay! But, really, he got to spend two days with me!!! I enjoyed it. Anyway, back to my day. So, I take lunch to Michael and eat with him, then come home and do the dishes/clean up the kitchen from the mess I made while making lunch (it's usually our "big-ish" meal because it's when I have the most energy). But then, I am TOTALLY drained of energy. :( I usually try to do some unpacking, but most of the time I end up laying down and taking another nap/resting. Then, I check my email/blog/facebook/etc, and then kill time until I can finally go pick Michael up from work. Then, we make dinner and clean up. We then do a little unpacking/chores that need to be done. (well, I'll be honest, I watch/help from the couch/a chair). Although, it's been super nice outside, so the last two days or so we've run errands/changed the oil in our car/did stuff outside rather than unpacking. But, that's not so good, because I've got a baby shower in a week and a half! And we need to be unpacked by then! Ah! It's alright, we'll get it done/I'll get it done. Our landlords are moving to TX end of July/August (they live upstairs, we're in the basement), and have offered the upstairs to us. It's about 50 dollars more a month, but we won't have to worry about any utilities (which would be nice). It's got a BUNCH of storage space and is bigger in general, but we don't need that space. But, it's still tempting (except that we'd be moving about 2 weeks after the baby comes - assuming she's even on time). We'd definitely stay there for the rest of the time we are in Utah (unless this is where Michael gets a job/goes to med school), because there would be plenty of room for us to 'grow' into. Although, this basement is most likely big enough too. (At least, I don't plan on having another child in the next 2 years!) And even then, the second bedroom is big enough for them to share. So, we don't know exactly what we'll do, but I'm thinking we'll probably just stay in the basement. Even though the upstairs is, well, upstairs. It would be lighter in the rooms during the day, we'd have a porch, we'd have the shed and the driveway! (which would actually be REALLY nice) Right now, we park on the street, which would be fine, if people from the apartment complex across the street didn't park in 'our spot'! Arg! So frustrating, especially when there is enough room for three cars to park, but they park RIGHT in front of our house, such that only THEY can fit in that part. So, we end up having to park down the road (at least I get my exercise?). It's just really frustrating sometimes when I'm super tired. Anyway, overall, this is our favorite apartment BY FAR. No mice, no marijuana, no creepy landlords, no cars being broken into at night in the neighborhood, no sex offenders with keys to our apartment.... we're happy here.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are liking your apt so much more! :) (Not that it takes a lot to improve on your other situations!) So if the one upstairs is only $50 more and you don't have to pay for utilities, wouldn't that maybe make it cheaper overall?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's actually 50 more after factoring for utilities. Or else we'd definitely move upstairs because then it would be cheaper... haha

      Delete
    2. Oh ok, that makes sense! haha I can't wait to see pictures. Wish I could be there for your baby shower!

      Delete