Monday, June 25, 2012

Just Really Quickly

Well, today went surprisingly well. I'm still shocked that things went as easily as they did.

Quick Updates (full-ish story to come tomorrow):
-Epidurals are AMAZING
-I only had to push three times! (two big ones and then a slower push as they got the rest of her body out)
-I was only in active labor to delivery for 4.5 hours (yay!)
-Emmalynn was born at 2:50 at exactly 7lbs. She's 19.5 inches long.
-Apgar score of 8 then 9
-Mom and Baby are doing just fine. Mom is exhausted since doctors kept her up with meds all night last night. Time to do some 'catching up' while at the hospital.
-Daddy is proud
-Our hospital has great nurses and good food (a lot better than stories I've heard)
-We get to leave the hospital on Wednesday unless something unexpected happens.
-We're definitely already in love with her
-She likes our voices and knows her Mommy and Daddy
-She's doing well at breastfeeding so far

We're all safe and happy. Now it's time to feed her, and get to bed!
Picture will come tomorrow too

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad everything went AMAZING! And I loved the hospital food at my Texas hospital. I always felt like it was a hotel. Things get a bit harder once you are home so enjoy your time with all the nurses (even though the sleeping arrangements aren't the best). You are PARENTS!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete