Friday, June 15, 2012

What I Did for My Birthday!

Well, the day started out pretty much like any other day, except I had a huge head ache. So, rather than drive Michael to work at 5:40, I stayed in bed and had him take a big snack to work instead of me bringing him lunch, and told him he could come home early. So, he came home two hours early (yay!) and I was still not up and ready for the day. I just had the worst headache and had a hard time sleeping because of it, so I just stayed in bed resting.

Then, I finally gave in and took some tylenol, but it did almost nothing. It helped for about an hour, and then my headache was completely back. Michael was really sweet and took good care of me. All I wanted for my birthday was to spend time with him (since most days I don't get to do a lot of that because he works full time and I'm ready for bed by the time he's home). And he knew I like ice cream cake and hadn't had one in a long time, so we got one of the small ones to share. YUM!

There were a few errands we decided to run (how fun!) today because I've been feeling like it needed to be done sooner rather than later. It was just picking up last minute baby items (like wipes, rash cream, changing pad, shampoo, etc). I suppose it's a good thing we did that today, because apparently, we may not have gotten another chance!

Because, after that my headache was still killing me and I was beginning to get a little dizzy. So, we went to the doctor's office to get my blood pressure checked (they said to come in and do it anytime if I had a bad headache that wouldn't go away with tylenol). So, it was high. It was 141/98. Which = pre-eclampsia high. So, they took it on the other arm, and that side was high as well. So, they sent me to the hospital to get a full pre-eclampsia work-up and get my blood pressure checked every five minutes while monitoring the baby.

Good news! Emmalynn is still super active (I could have told you that) and she has a healthy heartbeat! Yay! It was kind of fun to listen to her heart beat for a few hours and hear how she reacted to different things. She definitely calms down when Michael talks to her. It's really quite sweet.

Anyway, here's the news that's actually interesting-ish. I don't have pre-eclampsia! ...yet. They said there is a good chance I develop it within the next week (but I could get lucky and not develop it... although chances are, I will). So, I get to do a 24 hour urine test this weekend to monitor the protein in my urine, and I'll probably be doing another one next week/weekend to test against it. yay! If the urine test isn't good, I'll do another sooner than next weekend. If it's fine, they'll just re-check to be sure. If I get more signs, they'll send me back to the hospital for the blood work to be done again and the blood pressure check. And if I am diagnosed with it, they'll induce me that day.

So, based on what the doctor said, I could be having this baby anytime in the next little bit. He said I probably won't make it to my due date, but there is a chance this is just a false alarm. The nurse told us she'd probably be seeing us in 1-2 weeks and made the comment that she usually sees people like me within a week. heh. I certainly hope not that soon! Although, I suppose Michael and I are as ready as we'll ever be!

If my blood pressure doesn't lower in the next 2 weeks, they'll induce me before my due date even if I'm not officially diagnosed with pre-eclampsia. We'll see how long I can hold on to this baby!

Oh yeah, and today Michael and I went into the Verizon store because we STILL have not gotten the check we were supposed to get almost a year ago. They pulled up Michael's file and could see every time that he'd called and what-not. And the last time he called, the lady didn't put in any requests at all! She didn't do ANYTHING. So, hopefully this time, we might actually get our 100+ dollars from verizon. Ugh.

1 comment:

  1. What an "exciting" birthday!!! I had to have a similar work up when I was pregnant with Emily, but thankfully it never turned into anything after that! I hope you take it easy and keep yourself and that baby healthy! :) Keep us posted on how you are doing!!!

    ReplyDelete