Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Well, I finally caught whatever Samuel has...

My hands are a bit dry and cracked because of how much I've washed my hands recently... but, I still caught the bug that Samuel has. Awesome. When he's sick all he wants to do is sit an my lap and caught all over me, or throw up on me, or wipe his buggers on me. Wonderful.

I've had a bit of a fever, and the worst cold ever. It's made sleeping EXTREMELY difficult, but lucky for me, Michael's class today got cancelled and he doesn't have to be in work, so he's here all day with me! So, he kindly let me take a nap this morning, which was awesome because I was actually able to sleep for an hour straight!

Although, because of the lack of sleep, my stomach has started hurting again and I've been really weak, but hopefully I'll be able to catch up on some more sleep today while Samuel is napping and hopefully I'll be able to eat something that will help my stomach calm down. I've had some sprite, and that has helped a little bit, but I just want to feel better. I'm SO TIRED OF BEING SO SICK. I swear, every time I start to feel better, I get some sort of bug from the boys. They've been sick almost the entire time I've been watching them. So, I guess I should count my blessings... I haven't gotten as sick as I could have. I've had to try REALLY hard though to not get sick all the time. Kids are snot balls full of germs. It's gross. I just can't WAIT to have my own little germ ball around... yay!

Anyway, I'm just really glad Michael's class got cancelled. I mean, he probably still would have tried to spend most of the day here, but it's just so much nicer knowing that I don't need to worry about not being able to do something because I'm too weak. Husbands are so nice to have around. :)

Anyway, on Sunday Michael and I got called to be CTR 4 teachers! Woo! We've got 6 little 4 year olds to take care of every Sunday. We've substituted the past little while, so we kind of figured that was what the Bishop wanted to meet with us for... and it was. So we were called and sustained on Sunday. It's HARD. Those little kids are SO HARD to keep their attention span (then again, now we'll have more than 20 minutes prior knowledge to try and prepare a fun lesson with games and other activities). The past few weeks 2 of the kids haven't shown up at all, so we have no idea what they are like. But, this past Sunday we had two VERY difficult children. Man, it'll be fun, but it'll be hard. There is one child than I'm pretty positive he's got some sort of ADD or ADHD. He just CANNOT stop moving, and CANNOT stay focused, no matter what we do, so if he's there will all of the other children, it will be VERY hard. They will ALL get distracted if he's there. Anyway, I'm sure we'll learn a lot, and we're both excited, just a bit nervous.

Also, it will be hard for me, because I'll need to drink/snack during the 2 hours of primary, but I can't snack in front of them... and I can't leave the room during the lesson (both teachers MUST be there at ALL times). So, I'll probably try to sneak out a little bit during sharing time or music time and eat something in the Hallway. We're not allowed to take the kids to the bathroom at all. There is a presidency member that roams the hallways during primary and if a child needs to go to the bathroom, you basically stand at your door and flag them down and they'll go find the child's parent, and their parent has to be the one to take them to the bathroom. There are just so many rules, that are kind of crazy, but that's just what the world has come to. It's sad to think about WHY we have those rules. Apparently in Utah County, they have had A LOT of problems with people coming into the primary and other things. There are even a few members that have been persecuted and imprisoned because they SAW something suspicious and didn't report it. It's just sad that even in the church we have to have such extreme precautions.

A little while ago (I'm not sure if it's still happening or not... but wouldn't be surprised if it is), there was a van traveling between Salt Lake area and Spanish Fork area kidnapping children as they walk to school. In Utah, it's VERY common to see 6 year olds walking to school by themselves (I see it EVERY day when I walk Joseph), because their parents think it's safe because 'everyone' is LDS. But, there are people who will take advantage of Utah and the false sense of security a lot of people have. So anyway, there was a van that would pick a town for a day, and just go around and kidnap children while they were walking to/from school. SCARY. Anyway, it was sighted in many towns/cities and thought to be the same van. How scary would it be to send your child to school, and never see them again?

Anyway, Samuel is hungry (again), so I've got to run.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new calling, it will be an adventure! :) That is a fun age, even though it will be hard at times! Maybe it's just getting you ready for parenthood hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, better you than us. Ryan and I didn't enjoy our primary calling, but our primary in general was nuts and unorganized, (and we never were told how to teach or given any resources [in fact when I was the secretary here in Bountiful, I learned more about how we were supposed to teach than before]).

    We also had a special needs child, and another child who should have been in the older class (there is a big difference between 3 and 4 year olds!), but they wouldn't take her because her mom was the teacher, and she didn't want to teach her own kid (or help restrain her during sharing time, even though she sat RIGHT behind her)!

    But here's wishing you good luck, and hopefully your experience will be better?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle - I swear everything in my life right now is "getting me ready for parenthood". haha
    Between watching Joe and Tina's kids, and primary, and other things like that... I'm getting pretty prepared for potty training, and 4 - 6 year olds... but, what I WISH I was getting trained for is newborns... haha. I can't babysit, but can I really take care of a newborn? I guess we'll find out.

    Alison - Yeah, I think we'll have fun with it, but it'll be a challenge. Our Primary is at least super organized, and have some really good people running it so I'm not too worried about things like that. I hope our experience is better too, but I guess you never know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry Amy, the newborn may feel like a cinch after the older kids! Maybe?! haha Except since it is yours and 24/7 maybe not. You can do it though! All of these experiences will just make you stronger ;)

    ReplyDelete