Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Wow. Weird day!

Well.... This morning started out very interestingly. Emma was still asleep when Michael got up to get ready to go to work, so I decided I'd sleep an extra hour before facing the day. Boy, was I wrong!

About fifteen minutes after Michael got up he came in and woke me.
" Amy, there's water leaking everywhere in the bathroom."
Not exactly how you want to start your day. So Michael cleans it up as much as possible, and comes back and tells me it is still leaking, even though the shower is off.

Great. I go in to take a look, and step on the baseboard in the doorway to discover it is mushy and look down to see gross water oozing out of it! Yuck!

Big leak.

So, we put towels down in hopes it will at least slow it down. Then, I go back to bed while Michael calls the landlord. But I had to go to the bathroom, so I got up, and walked towards the bedroom door, and step onto sopping carpet. What the?

Yeah. Bigger leak.

That's when I look across the room towards where it shares a wall with the bathroom. Oh my gosh. So much for letting ems sleep in... We grabbed her from the crib and started moving things from our room as fast as we could. Our bed hasn't been on the game because it was hard for me to get on when I was pregnant and we just haven't put it on since. So, we moved it as quickly as we could do as not to ruin the box spring.

It was a crazy frantic morning and our apartment is an absolute disaster now. Oh, and Emma is a grump. She hasnt napped well today. Yay.

Well, anyway, things are being taken care of. Oh yeah, the water also leaked into the laundry room where our storage is. Fun fun.

Today I'm thankful for tender mercies. It could have been so so so much worse. We only lost a few cardboard boxes... But they were just clothes that will now have to be rewashed.

Then Michael left for work three hours late... Then came back home. Then left again for a job interview. Which, he got! Yay!

Terrible start to the day, but good ending so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment