Thursday, January 31, 2013

When it rains, it pours

Well, today was another long day.

We originally were supposed to only have to keep the huge industrial fans that are blowing through our apartment on for a few days (as in two), but today found out it's not drying fast enough, so it'll be until Monday. Which, considering, isn't too bad. But, it kind of is when you don't really have another room to live in, aside from your living room because all of your furniture is in your second bedroom.

On Monday, they will come back to do more moisture testing. They will then decide whether or not they will need to tear down walls. Yay.

If they have to, I don't know what we'll do. Where we'll live. Etc.
I'm anxious about the bathroom because they aren't doing any moisture testing in there or anything. I'm almost positive that there will be mold in there behind the walls just waiting to seep into our lives. I might mention it to the landlords because I seriously don't know if I'll be able to sleep at night. Especially since I don't really trust the guys abilities that does the maintenance. The part that broke is one he replaced eight months ago when we moved in... He replaced two of them, so honestly I'm kinda waiting for this to happen again in another few weeks... When the other one breaks.

Anyway, so I spent all day today waiting for the guy to show up because he didn't tell us when he was coming. So I couldn't go to school or anywhere because with my luck of miss him. That's the other thing about him, I'm ALWAYS waiting for him. Most of the time he's ever come and given a time he'll be here he's been at least an hour and a half late. I have a life you know... A really busy one. That requires time outside of the house.  So for two days I waited, which I get quite frustrated about, especially since I hate waiting. Especially when a professional says something, then they should do it! Or at least call and give me a heads up that you'll be there two and a half hours later then you told me! (That was yesterday)

If it wasn't such an emergency I would have been really tempted to leave.

Anyway, enough of that rant. I'm just really stressed. He is a nice guy, he just needs to work on his professionalism. Especially since last time, right months ago, he borrowed a nice, relatively new(like within 4 months), bath towel without asking and stained it and tore it.

Okay, really I'm done with that rant now.

Moving in. Our car got hit today. With Michael in it.
He's fine. Our car is not.

He got hit at the post office dropping off our rent check. We had planned to do it yesterday, but it hadn't gotten done because yesterday was a hectic fiasco of its own. One thing just piles on another apparently.

Michael just got a new job yesterday and now has no way to get to it on time. Bus routes don't work, we checked. Walking doesn't work, MAYBE he could run it on time, but it's not likely.
We are still waiting to hear from the lady's (that hit Michael) car insurance about whether or not we can get a rental until our car is fixed. But neither of us is old enough to actually rent a car...

Life has been crazy this week and seems to be getting worse. But, we still feel blessed that Michael got the job he wanted and we needed! It has benefits like life insurance and health insurance. BYUs health insurance is crazy expensive once you get married, and even more so once you have a dependent. So we are excited.

When it rains it surely does pour.

No comments:

Post a Comment