Saturday, June 22, 2013

Pregnancy happenings.

Well, in my last post I had mentioned we were a little concerned about pre-e, but I was hoping I was just being paranoid especially since it is way too early to get pre-e! I'm only 23 weeks along! This baby has got to make it longer than that!

So anyway, we were keeping an eye out for symptoms and whatnot, but I thought I was being a little too paranoid and that the headaches were from heat/dehydration/etc. So we monitored my blood pressure pretty consistently every one-two days. We'd walk to the store in the evening just to get some exercise and take my bp. Last time with pre-e my bp never got super high, but it was always higher after walking/moving about. So, we were keeping an eye on it. But the highest it ever was at the store was about 110/75. Which, is a bit high for me, but after walking in the heat and being pregnant, that's not bad at all!

So that calmed my nerves. It was nice to see every once in a while that I really was okay, and my headaches were most likely from heat and exhaustion. And the sudden weight gain was only that one week. Maybe so that we'd pay more attention to symptoms of pre-e? Idk, but it was weird. So I wasn't super worried about that either.... until a few days ago.

I still was having headaches, but usually they'd back off a bit with Tylenol, but not go away completely. But this past week they have gotten worse and haven't gone away at all. But, Emmalynn had been grumpy and not sleeping well, so I thought I was just exhausted, until I started getting a severe chest pain on the right side to the point where I couldn't breathe it hurt too bad. And I stated swelling a bit more than usual, and I got blurry vision. But the scary one was the chest pain. I didn't have it much with Emma, but it did show up more towards the end with her pregnancy. So, the chest pain bothered me. I went to bed one night feeling really quite anxious, like maybe we should have gone to the hospital since it was after hours for the doctors. But, I got a blessing and decided it'd be okay and I'd call the doctor the next day to get an earlier appointment.

Well, yesterday was the day we called to schedule an earlier appointment. But, the receptionist had us talk to a nurse first. So after talking with the nurse we were told not to wait for an appointment, but to go to the hospital and talk to the doctor on call there and get tests done. So, since Emma just went to sleep, we decided to wait until she woke up from her nap. When she woke up, we dropped her off at a babysitters and went. Once there, I felt a lot less anxious because I knew they were going to check on the baby and run tests. Just that made me feel better.

The baby looks great still. He was VERY active while we were there, which was fun. :-)
My blood work came back looking fine, which doesn't mean a ton for pre-e. It just means I don't have eclampsia or HELLP. Which is a definite positive! However, there was protein in my urine. So, I get to do a 24 urine test! Yay! It was a little scary though, because they said the same exact sentence as last time. "We're going to do a 24 hour urine test just as a baseline so we can keep track of where you're at". Meaning they'll do more of them in the future. Which doesn't sound scary...
However, with Emma, when they said that, I found out a few days later that we were both in danger and I'd be induced. So now I'm paranoid again. But I know we're being taken care of. And I know things will work out the way the are supposed to. And who knows? Maybe there won't be a ton of protein present! And it won't be scary. Maybe.

I haven't had as much of a headache today though! So that's good, right?

I'm just scared that little Johnny is going to have to come before he's ready. Until we get positive lab results, my hopes are its at least not as severe as it could be and that we can at least make it to 32 weeks.

Anyway, here's to hoping and praying that this baby arrives safely and at the right time. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment