Tuesday, June 11, 2013

It's a boy!

Well, a little while ago, we found out we are having a boy!

We are both excited, but I'm pretty sure no one is more excited than Michael. What dad doesn't want a little boy though?

The day we found out we went out and bought a few outfits because I had coupons and Burlington and babies r us were having sales on their winter clothes. Which is awesome for us since that's what we'll be needing for the first little bit anyway! I have already forgotten how tiny they are! I'm so excited to have a tiny baby around again! Although, a bit anxious about it too because we'll have a tiny toddler too! ... unless Emmalynn is a late walker!

Anyway. So far, things look great with the baby! He's growing perfectly. He's the right size for when I'm supposed to be due, he's already getting to the head down position, (but who knows if he'll decide to stay that way!) and his little body is moving fluids in and out and circulating blood properly. Yay for healthy babies!

I'm still feeling pretty good, but I am getting a little nervous about pre-e again. They are watching things closely, but I'm not entirely sure that matters unless they do lab work. Because the way they screen for pre-e is mostly high blood pressure and swelling...

Neither of which I had much if last time... At least not to the point of symptoms of pre-e. My blood pressure never actually got to be over 140/80 last time and although I did swell a ton(!) last time it didn't look like it to other people because it was my whole body, not just my feet/face. So I still looked basically just like any other pregnant lady because I started out tiny. I never swelled enough that I could push on my leg/foot/etc and see an imprint left behind.

So anyway, I've been getting bad headaches again that won't go away with Tylenol. Its only been the past two weeks or so... And it could just be the heat, but I've been drinking TONS of water again. And that's basically how I knew something was wrong last time. But, at my ultrasound they checked my bp and it was only 110/72 so they said there was nothing you wory about, but if the headaches didn't go away they would probably do lab work at my next appointment. That'll be the first of July. I'm still worried. I've been trying to take it easy and make sure to relax and lay down when Emma is asleep. I wouldn't be so worried I guess if it weren't for the sudden weight gain I've had combined with the headaches. I've been eating really well for the most part this pregnancy, but in two weeks I've gained 15 lbs. That's a lot!! I mean, I lost weight for some unknown reason in the beginning, so now I'm still in the normal range for what I should have gained up to this point, but still. It's scaring me.

Anyway, that's all that's new here! Emmalynn is almost a year old! I'm trying to decide what to do for her birthday... But we'll see. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment