Friday, April 27, 2012

Prescribed Caffeine

Well, yesterday I had another doctor's appointment. And I've been getting REALLY bad headaches the past few weeks. I know headaches are pretty common during pregnancy, but every day? all day and night? Migraines? Needless to say, I haven't been sleeping all that well because of them and have just struggled functioning. So, we talked to the doctor about it, and she 'prescribed' caffeine(everyday) and Extra Strength Tylenol(when needed). Awesome. I thought Caffeine was bad for you during pregnancy? I mean, I know it's worse during the first trimester because it increases chances of miscarriage, but isn't it still bad during the rest of pregnancy? Anyway... so now I guess it's time to find some caffeine. Lots of chocolate? Or Dr. Pepper? Or Coke? Or what? Anyway. Fun stuff! I don't have Gestational Diabetes! Thank goodness! I was SO NERVOUS that I'd have to drink that stuff after fasting. It was SO HARD for me to keep it down even with food in my stomach. My tummy did NOT like that Glucose drink... at all. Anyway, I'm really happy I don't have to do that test again and then all of the little tests I'd have to do myself all day. So glad! My Iron is low (even with the extra extra iron in my prenatal vitamins). Yay for being slightly anemic. Which is also probably why I've been having the migraines. So I've got to take my prenatal vitamins with Orange Juice to help the iron absorption, and just try to get more iron. Yay! More meat. :) Anyway, aside from that, things look good and I'll be back in three weeks. Yay for more frequent visits -_-

No comments:

Post a Comment