Monday, May 13, 2013

First trimester round two

Well, when I was pregnant with Emmalynn I got VERY sick and lost about 15 pounds the first trimester. This time, I wasn't sick hardly at all! It was excellent and such a blessing. I was able to take care of my little girl and myself.

My biggest fears when we felt like we were supposed to have another child were 1. How would I take care of a baby while so sick and tired! And 2. What about school?
Well, it became apparent pretty quickly that neither mattered much.
Then 3. what will people think? This is crazy! Even I know that. I've got a 6 month old at home! (It was a bit before Christmas that we got that scary thought/feeling...) And although my third fear is still very much alive, I've decided it doesn't much matter. I know what I know. And although I'm terrified of what life will be like in just over 4.5 months, I'm also very excited and know it will be great no matter how hard it'll be.

Michael and I want a large family and feel very blessed to be entrusted with another one of God's precious children. How did we get so lucky? I guess we must be doing something right, even though life is crazy and will continue to be crazy and we're both still students!

Anyway, so first trimester flew by. I didn't even remember I was pregnant most days. I was busy with Emmalynn and feeling great and not showing at all! I'm still hardly showing. Which has been nice. So anyway, we found out I was pregnant, the apartment flooded, and we moved. Unpacking... Has been and still is a chore. I've been slacking a bit in that aspect... Woops.
The only time I really remembered I was pregnant was when we all had the flu... Twice. And I got it MUCH worse than the other two. I'm pretty much positive it's because it was aggrevated by the crazy pregnancy hormones in the first trimester.

Anyway. Life's great. We're excited.

1 comment:

  1. I'm really glad the 1st trimester has been better for you! Maybe that means you are having a boy!

    ReplyDelete